Here are six tips for when you are sending get-well arrangements to someone in the hospital:
1. Stay away from fragrant flowers – strong fragrances can be difficult in a small room, and even if they like them, they might have a roommate that does not.
2. The arrangement will have a bigger impact if it is one-sided. The flowers will likely be up against a wall or sitting where the person who receives them will see only one side.
4. Consider sending a green plant for them to take home when they leave the hospital.
4. If they are in ICU, fresh flowers and plants will have to wait until they are in a regular room. Your florist can deliver stuffed animals, balloons and/or a fruit or snack basket to be shared with visitors and staff.
5. Think about their style and personality and ask for a design to be made that really fits who they are.
6. Let your local florist design and deliver the perfect floral arrangement for you!